2019 ONTARIO KAYAK FISHING CHAMPIONSHIP
DATE: Sept 6/7 2019
LOCATION: L. Couchiching and L. Simcoe
TIME: 7AM-3PM Sat, 7AM-12PM Sun
TARGET SPECIES: Smallmouth Bass
FORMAT: 2-Day six fish limit
FEE: $125 by June 10th, $150 after
- We are aiming for a $5K + cash purse which pays out to the top 7-10 anglers.
- 40 anglers @ $125 each will pay the top 7 spots for longest total length combined species, plus longest of each individual species.
- More than 40 will pay beyond the top 7.
- QUALIFY by placing top 10 in any OKFS event or top 5 in any Ontario fishing event; from a kayak, between September 2018 - Sept 1 2019
- CASH PAYOUT is 75% of the entry fee for the Championship
- HOST SITE tba
* Prizes based on 40 anglers.
How does the Championship tournament work?
- This event runs from 7AM - 2PM Saturday Sept 7th and 7AM-noon Sunday Sept 8th
- Boundaries and access points(launches) will be defined by registration deadline
- You can enter as many fish as you like, but only the longest 6 Smallmouth Bass qualify
- You must sign up with Tourney X, and submit all fish entries thru them
- You must return signed registration package before event date commences
- You must have an event identifier in every photo submission
- Online event Identifiers will be mailed or indicated by email
- You must use an approved measuring device for all fish submissions
- Your returned Registration Pkg is an admission of your understanding all OKFS General Rules
Couchiching Boundary & Launch Points
- Event Codes will be indicated by OKFS Staff in the last 24hrs prior to the event
- Codes must be entered on Identifier boxes exactly as emailed through TourneyX
- Identifiers are below and can be downloaded and printed to suit the size you need
- The identifier will require downloading and printing in a size for visible photo recognition
- The identifier should be sealed in a transparent waterproof material ie. ziplock bag
- You can include the identifier in any manner that allows for instant identity by judges but not to obstruct the fish measurement ie. on wrist or board
- The identifier is your responsibility, so be sure your system works prior to tournament day(s)
- An emailed copy of Captains Meeting info will be available in the week leading up to the event
- A LIVE Captain's Meeting will be held at 6:45AM on Tourney Day
- The meeting will only address event specific rules and information
- YOU MUST have read and understand the OKFS General Rules when you return the completed Registration
- Registration and Waiver Forms are found at the end of the General Rules and must be returned by the day prior
How do I qualify for the Ontario Kayak Fishing Championship?
OKFS offers 110 chances to qualify for the Provincial Championship:
- GREAT LAKES Online Challenge uses Top 5 per species for 60
- ONTARIO MULTI-SPECIES Online uses Top 20 finishers for 20
- SPRING PIKE TOURNEY Online uses Top 10 finishers for 10
- BAY of QUINTE MULTI-SPECIES uses Top 10 finishers per species for 20
- ONTARIO KAYAK FISHING CHAMPIONSHIP uses Top 3 for 2020
Other qualifying events:
Any top 5 finish at any event in Ontario between April 1 2019 - September 1 2019, from a kayak will qualify an individual for the Provincial Championship. Placement and use of kayak must be verifiable.
You must prove your qualification prior to registration for this event.
What does the Championship offer?
An opportunity at a $4K CASH PAYOUT plus $2000 cash to a single winner, based on 40 anglers.